Discover the History of 1xBet
5 minutes to read 116 views 17.11.2023 (Updated 08.12.2023)
The bookmaker we’re going to talk about today is well-known in many European, African, Asian, and American countries. One of the biggest popularity the company has gained is in the UK and Germany, and now several African countries are closely connected to this platform. This sports betting company brings a lot of options for great betting sessions, including a large number of sports, exclusive sports events, betting on famous football, basketball, baseball, and other sports leagues, and more.
Betting at 1xBet sports wagering company is not only possible with sports events: you can bet on literally anything that has an outcome. For example, you can predict the result of an Oscar ceremony or bet on the winner of political debates in different countries. But the question remains. Where is 1xBet based, in which countries does it offer its services, and under which jurisdiction does it operate? Let’s find out!
1xBet is a licensed brand under the Curacao jurisdiction. The first appearance in the registration documents was in 2007 in Cyprus, with 1xBet headquarters in Limassol. Since then, the sports betting company has been growing tremendously, with millions of users today. In fact, the company had gained success that no other bookie experienced today. In 2019, the brand started sponsoring Chelsey FC, Liverpool FC, and Barcelona FC, the top football clubs in the world. Nowadays, the company works by the principle of selling franchising. According to this format, even more countries can access the leading bookie with a reliable license and local regulators behind it. Take a look at the main information about the 1xBet:
- Operates under a franchise business model.
- Offered in 134 countries.
- Established in Cyprus in 2007.
- Licensed by Curacao eGaming.
- Partners with top football clubs.
- Has local license in most jurisdictions.
The company’s growth has allowed it to expand to different continents, offering an incredible betting service to Nigerian, Ugandan, and Kenyan bettors without any restrictions. Any punter from the UK has similar betting options as any other punter in Uganda, and that’s a breakthrough phenomenon. As a result, today’s technology has no limits, and one company can cover the whole world. Just give it time. In addition, 1xBet has many subsidiaries operating in different countries under different names.
Expansion of 1xBet
As a leading company in the industry, it has partnered with many sports clubs, entered many new markets, and established a big name among other bookmakers. By the end of 2022, the brand has conquered almost half of all countries, providing top-quality betting services and betting options on local competitions and partnering with top payment services.
- In 2018, the company signed an agreement with the Nigerian Football Federation and received a local license, attracting hundreds of local players. As a result, betting in the country has changed dramatically, opening up so many new opportunities.
- Today, 1xBet is not only a bookmaker with a sportsbook; it’s a whole cluster of gaming entertainment activities, including casino slots, table games, and live casino games. Therefore, in 2019, the company announced the agreement with MGM Games, including their collections of games on the platform.
- 2020 has become the year of entering new markets. From that time, the betting site was available for many Mexican markets, offering a local license. As a result, being approved by the local Mexican government, the company is operating legally for its citizens.
- Two years later, 1xBet partnered with the Chilean Football Association and became a sponsor of the league season. The sportsbook became a part of the football championship throughout the season.
- The same year saw a number of successful agreements. One of them is the partnership with a famous virtual sports games developer studio DS Virtual Gaming. Therefore, there are many virtual games, such as horse racing, dog racing, roulette, and others.
Although the company has had problems in the past, it remains one of the largest and most successful bookmakers around. The close partnership with African betting associations and the franchise business model has resulted in 1xBet betting sites appearing in many countries across the continent. As a result, Ugandan bettors can legally access the bookmaker with all betting-related parties behind them.